Thursday, May 2, 2013

Goals for Post-Pregnancy

I'm planning on working full-time up until the very last minute before I go into labor. But what I realized today, is that after I have the baby I am taking time "off"- rather I'll be leaving my accounting job - whether temporary or permanently, still undecided- though leaning on decided. Point is, I will not be tied down to an 8am-6pm Mon-Fri.

What I've been so looking forward to (aside from HAVING MY BABY [queue Paul Anka - See Below]), is that I'm planning to finally start a garden at our house. We've spent so much time working on the INSIDE new floors, painting, appliances, bathrooms, kitchen, laundry room, ceiling fans, etc... that we haven't had the time to focus on the outside. Austin is one of the few lucky places that gets great crops year round, and I can't wait to get some more time back in MY life, and start to grow my own Kale! (Holden can't wait either, we'll have to figure out how to dog-proof our raised beds).

My other goal while being a stay at home mom, is to write my second novel. Realizing that I won't be constrained by someone's else's time schedule (ha, can you tell I'm a new mom and have never had kids before?) or have to be anywhere other than where I want to be is one of the luxuries that I miss from the year I took off to write my first book (which I ended up never getting published, but still! I wrote it!). And now, I will be able to be a full-time writer again. I'm so excited. I could pee my pants (yes I actually could because being pregnant also makes you pee 1294783 times a day).

Without further adieu ladies and gentlemen, Paul Anka:


No comments:

Post a Comment