Monday, May 6, 2013

Junk in the Trunk

I recently met up with a friend for smoothies, and when she arrived, I had already ordered and was sitting at a table waiting for my drink with my back to her. "Hi Tyler! I could barely recognize you from the back! You've changed SO MUCH. You got big QUICK."

As I awkwardly stood up and turned around to give her a hug, all I could think to say was, "Yeah! My ass sure is HUGE these days." It made me think though, do I really look that different from behind? I've only noticed my belly and boobs get bigger, my arms and legs and even my feet haven't gotten any bigger, or swollen, but apparently I look like an unrecognizable big fat person from the back. Haha, great. Being pregnant is fun.

I threw up yesterday. I'm convinced I'm going to be one of those people who have morning sickness for all 9 months. At least the all-day sickness, has graduated to only appear when I first wake up- now truly just morning sickness. Lucky me. At least my toothpaste doesn't make me throw up anymore. The worst was barfing, brushing, only to barf again. The only food aversion that I still have is steamed rice. White or brown, the smell makes me so sick to my stomach. As my ass will agree, my appetite is definitely back in full force. No weird cravings, but a few times I've noticed that I'll have a huge plate of food or snacks, look down a second later and it will all be gone. Hungry lil monster in there.

For some Monday cheer ups, here are some of my favorites from the tumblr pregnant husband. This tumblr is really a life-saver whenever I need a pick me up and can't pour a glass of wine.


When my pregnant wife is ready to go to bed.

She’s like:


Talking to my pregnant wife the morning after she made some five or six trips to the bathroom during the night.

She’s like:

When my pregnant wife is cranky before she leaves for work, but when I get home later in the day she tells me she’s feeling better because she picked something up for the nursery during the day.

I’m like:

No comments:

Post a Comment