Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jewelry

I haven't noticed any swelling yet, and am still happily wearing my wedding ring, and the three other friendship rings I never take off (Geraldine's, Gwyneth's, and Kate&Chelsea's - from when each of them visited me in Austin). My toe ring (from my cousin Mei's visit), is also still happily in place. Not sure if my hands and feet will start to swell, but for now I'm glad because I feel naked without my rings.

Speaking of, for the last ultrasound, I had to take out my belly ring. I've had my belly ring since I was 18. I know its such a "90s" look, but I still love it. My midwives said that I can keep the ring in as long as I want, but it might start to get uncomfortable late into my pregnancy, especially when my innie turns to an outtie. I still haven't put it back in since the ultrasound, not sure if I will, but my stomach looks so funny to me without it. So strange. I'll probably put it back in. What can I say, I'm a 90s girl.

Reading online about other pregnancy experiences I learned about something called a, "Push Gift." Which is the present the husband/father gives the wife/mother for pushing a watermelon out of her vagina. That's kind of weird to me, isn't the baby the gift for both of us? But hey! Any opportunity to ask for something sparkly, right? If our baby is born in October (which is most likely), her birthstone will be Opal. I told Jason a super-thin, tiny opal ring (stackable) would be awesome. I don't really wear any big jewelry anymore. Although, now that I'm thinking about it, maybe I should ask for a new tiny opal belly ring, that seems more appropriate for me haha. Regardless, I am just so looking forward to meeting my new lil pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment