Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Gardening, yoga, and reading.

Its starting to get nicer outside, and I'm so looking forward to spending time in our backyard, walking through parks, and opening our house up to fresh air again. I need to start thinking about switching out our garden for fall/winter, right now all of our basil plants are 4-5 feet tall. Anyone need basil? Our jalapeno and habaneros are still producing, and even though I've been neglecting our spring strawberry patch, today they had more blossoms, so who knows if we'll get anything but looking forward to finding out. Our small indoor mini hydroponic system is still producing cherry tomatoes so that's been fun too. Soon I think we'll switch everything out of that for a counter top herb garden by our stove. Next up, kale, kale, kale, more kale, beans, peas, and a carrot patch. Also want to replant some parsley, I think I put them in too much sun this summer because they were pretty unhappy and barely grew before drying up completely.

I'm always so happy to go to yoga, and last night, like most nights, felt so good to go in and stretch and release everything for an hour. Just focus on me and baby. We did some stretches for my leg cramps/calves, and a bunch of squats and breathing exercises. So far we haven't done any deep squats or lizard poses in any of the classes, and I'm hoping we can get in there and work more of our hip flexors and dig into it. I'll mention it to Sarah next time I see her.

Unfortunately I'll have to miss tomorrow night's class, but I'm looking forward to going back to Jocelyn's school for another classroom meeting for parents and teachers, this time in the next class up since she will be moving up soon. I'm hoping that Jason can also make it if he gets off work in time, he's been working so hard and I appreciate all that he does for our family so much. Such a great partner, parent, and supportive family man. Thank you Jason!

The book that I intended to order (Peaceful Parent, Happy Siblings - rather than Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids), should be arriving today, so I'm really looking forward to starting it. The Happy kids one is also supposed to be great, but the siblings one is more helpful for sibling rivalry and bringing home a new baby into a home with an older child.

The baby has been moving more and more (or rather more and more that I can feel), and I absolutely love this sensation, like being tickled from the inside out with little baby high fives and foot prints. Getting more and more excited to meet the little one, find out gender and start thinking of names! 2 more weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment