Thursday, August 15, 2013

Break in the Heat!

Last night on my drive home from work, the temperature gauge only read 88! Such a sweet breath of fresh air to have a drop from the past 13 (or 14?) straight days of being 100 or above. Third trimester club in Texas Summer! Doing this!

I'm noticing now that I'm bigger, I am getting more people asking me if I need help. Either to pick up a jar of curry paste on the bottom shelf while shopping at whole foods, or if I need help out to my car etc. Which is actually nice, though of course I never accept anyone's help (one of the hardest things for me to do, I'm so stubborn). I also have been getting more people staring at me these days, but at least no rouge hands reaching out to touch me (ahhh! That's worse than clowns!). I am really loving feeling her move, and am so used to it now, that I'm sure I'll miss parts of being pregnant when its over. My nausea coming back however hasn't been too fun, I will not miss that!

So aside from only getting about 5 hours of sleep each night, because of the heat, because of discomforts of my big belly rolling/over to each side, and getting up to pee and drink more water every hour etc, Holden has found a new fun habit of barking in the middle of the night for the past week probably cutting my "sleep" in half this week. He really is having fun yelling at whatever critters he sees through our downstairs sliding glass door. Last night Jason finally brought him upstairs and locked him in our room for the rest of the night, which quieted him down, but I think all of us are really looking forward to the weekend to hopefully try to catch up on some sleep - if that's even possible for me. "Sleeping in" these days is going to bed at midnight, and waking up at 7:30am I guess its all in good preparation to caring for a new baby. However, when I have her, I will luckily not also be working, so I won't need all the brain power I do now as an accountant. My goodness, its coming up so soon! I can't wait to meet her!!

I will say that the sleep that I am getting, is chock-full of the most vivid dreams I've had in a long time. Adventure dreams, detailed, vibrant, and filled with time spent with wonderful Jason, Jocelyn, friends, family, and strangers I may eventually meet one day. Consistently vivid dreams. I really should be journaling them, if only I wasn't so tried when its time to get out of bed for work and get the dogs fed and ready for the day. I don't think I'll ever get a good night's sleep again. At least not until she's 18.


No comments:

Post a Comment