Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Centering Session #8

Today I had my centering group, and we reviewed some newborn care, practiced swaddling, and burping (they forgot to review diapering - oh well, maybe I'll bring Joss's baby doll back next time so we can all practice). We talked about post partum depression, and warning signs, and the different things that are normal for newborns within the first 24 hours+

My belly check was great, little Jackson is happily kickin around in there, still head down, and next session in two weeks I go down to see him on the ultrasound with the midwives to do a quick check on his positioning. So far so good, really happy to be getting so close! Baby shower is coming up so soon, less than 2 weeks away, it will be a fun low key party at our house, small group of friends with partners and kids welcome to join. I should probably order a Cap City Cheese cake and figure out what kind of food I should make, or just pick up some veggies and hummus. I want it to be low key, low stress, and a chance to do some crafty crafts to celebrate Jackson and make some keepsakes.

Glad to be through the holidays, it was a lot of fun, and a lot of time spent sick, but feeling almost back to my 100% self, still no sense of smell or taste, but other than that everything else feels great (no congestion). My mom flies out in a month, and I can't wait to see her! Joss is back to school today, her first day back since winter break, and we had a lot of fun together too. She was excited to see her friends again, and I'm looking forward to picking her up later and hearing all about her day.

In the meantime, I'm going to try and rest a little bit, and enjoy the silence of my house to myself with the animals. Here's my centering group pic from today! Look how big all our bellies are getting! So close to the finish line! Only two more sessions left in our series, then we all transition to more regular individuals check ups until we each deliver. Love out to each of them, and their upcoming births. <3 <3 <3 So grateful for this new mom community, and my birth center AABC.


No comments:

Post a Comment