Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas Blues

Its been a rough couple of weeks, but today I'm finally starting to feel like i'm on my way to getting better. Being 32 weeks pregnant with the flu from H-E-double-hockey-sticks is no picnic in the park. Joss got it first and it took her out of school for a whole week, She had a fever spike on day 3 up to 103. We took her to the Dr and it wasn't strep or anything that needed meds, just lots of steam, humidifier, and rest. It took her just over a week to completely get over it and still has a runny nose (two weeks later), but glad she's been back to school this week.

I caught what she had last Wednesday (halfway through her first week), and like her it started with the first three days low fever, 99, and on my third day fever spiked just under 101. but after that, I got the worst sore throat I've had in years. I couldn't talk at all for three days, and couldn't sleep because it hurt to breathe or even swallow. I had the humidifier on full blast all night by my bed, but mixed with the pregnancy discomforts really haven't slept the last three nights. By 4:30am I give up completely and just get out of bed to make Jocelyn's lunch for school, and try to get her things ready for the day. Today I still don't have much of a voice, but its my first day where I can take a sip of tea, soup, or even a little solid food like oatmeal and not cringe in pain while trying to swallow. The worst! Being pregnant and just wanting to sleep and eat because I'm so tired and so hungry, and having a really painful time trying to do either one. Today I was able to get a little nap in which also helped a lot. Hoping that by tomorrow I'll be even better.

Because of all this, we had to skip going to the trail of lights last night, which has been our annual family holiday tradition. Really sad we couldn't make it, but I found another family to give our tickets to from my birth center community so at least the $65 passes didn't just go to waste (glad I could give them to someone to use at least! and they said they had fun, it was their first year going with their little baby). I also had to skip going to centering yesterday for our 7th session and my belly check. I haven't been able to call to schedule a one-on-one appointment without a voice, so hopefully tomorrow I can call to schedule a make up appointment next week. Our 8th centering session is the first week of January, so that's coming up soon, but I need to get a check up before then. So far Jackson's been just as active as usual and nothing unusual pregnancy-wise has been going on, but I've never been sick while pregnant so I want to be sure to get checked out and make sure everything's okay. The worst part is that I can't take any medications, so its been more painful than if I wasn't pregnant, though lots of lemon/honee/ginger in hot water, throat coat tea, pho soup, udon homemade ramen, elderberry syrup, and raw garlic. Lots of cough drops, and chloroseptic spray at night. Steam showers and humidifier.

Also had to skip Saturday's yoga, which has been the only class I've been able to make it to during the week, and the next two Saturdays are cancelled for Xmas and then New Years respectively, so that means no yoga for four weeks. My lower back has been starting to act up again, I need to do a home video in the meantime, because going without for that long is pretty hard on my body, especially my back. I honestly don't know how anyone can go through pregnancy without yoga. It makes everything feel so much better and stronger... Hopefully I feel up to it tomorrow and get my lower back pains managed again.

Christmas is so soon! I'm happy that it looks like I should be better by then. And that Jason seems to be skipping getting what we've had (knock on wood he doesn't get it at all). Also though its not the trail of lights, there is a drive-through light show (tunnel of lights) a bit north of Austin that I think Jason will take Joss and I through Friday after work, so that should be fun for us and for Joss. And we will be in the comfort of our warm car and not need to deal with the crowds, parking, and all the walking out in the cold - because, YES its been so so cold!!! in the 20s and 30s. Which honestly I've been loving. Just a couple more months before I get to meet Jackson, can't wait to hold him. And my mom bought her tickets out here, so she will be here early Feb and stay with us through Jocelyn's spring break which will help so much in so many ways. Now Jax just has to wait to come until after she arrives :) So far so good.

No comments:

Post a Comment