Monday, December 12, 2016

30 Weeks

30 Weeks pregnant! 3/4 of the way through pregnancy, I keep saying and its still so true, the second time goes by so much faster. Centering last week included belly checks and everything is in the right place (as Thom Yorke would say). Baby is growing, strong and doing just what he should be doing. Feeling good, but getting tired again, and most nights in bed by 8:30 (or earlier).

This weekend Jason's office had an end of year celebration party, with all of his close 300-400 Austin co-workers. Its such a different experience to work for/with a large international company. Jason and I both have previous experience primarily with small businesses, and there is a lot of great experience that we've both gained, but the perks of working for a large successful business, with budgets and strict adherence to HR policies to take care of employees is also such a breath of fresh air. We are so grateful for this year that he's been with Forcepoint, and look forward to the years ahead of being a part of the Forcepoint family. It was nice to have a date night too, and Jocelyn had fun with Mary our house/dog/baby sitter extraordinaire.


One of the fun things that the party had was a "flipbook" photo booth. Here I am at 30 weeks, with Papa J. Such a fun idea, and they printed a flipbook for us to take home, which we gave to Joss and she loves flipping the pages. Here's the video I took of flipping through the pages of the paperbook...

So let's get real a second... today, for the first time in either of my pregnancies (or postpartum for Joss) I peed my pants. I know this is super common, but it was a bit startling. I didn't think I had to pee, but sat down on the couch, and peed a little bit. HAHA. Not to go through my jeans, but it made me run to the bathroom to make sure that my water wasn't breaking. nope just a tiny bit of pee. WTF. Oh well, here's to motherhood!

Also, yesterday Joss and I went to a vegan families of Austin vegan cookie exchange party and brought home a huge tray of wonderfully beautiful and delicious vegan treats. From sugar cookies, to oatmeal, chocolate peppermint, brownies, shortbread, lemon drops, pumpkin spice bread, chai spice snickerdoodles, gingersnaps, chocolate chip, and more. So grateful for the vegan community here! It was a lot of fun, and we also participated in a free kids yoga class that was happening where we were at Casa de Luz. A lot of great food there too, and a huge playground that i never noticed was there before (I hadn't gone since before Joss, but will definitely be going back not just for all the delicious vegan super healthy farm fresh hippy food, but for the kids to run around).

Keryn was there with her two boys, and she gave us another HUGE box of stuff for Jackson that her kiddos have outgrown. So we are now set up to about 6 months - at least according to the clothing sizes. Like she said, I have big babies, so who knows how long they will last me, but either way we are more than set for the first several months of Jax's life and then some with a steady stream of hand me downs continuing on their way. So incredibly grateful.

I sent out the baby shower/my birthday party evites, just about 10 people, keeping it small and fun this year and decided that Joss would have more fun with other kiddos, so we will set up the onesie decorating stations for kids to participate as an activity, and do a thumb-print canvas for Jackson's keepsake with all the friends that join us. Low key fun times. Invited neighbors with kiddos, and my mom friends and a couple more people. Just a couple hours, nothing too fancy, but will be fun! Hopefully Jackson isn't born before Jan 15th! HAHA.

Looking forward to trail of lights with Joss and Jason next week, such a fun magical time, regardless of traffic, and parking, and huge crowds, we had a lot of fun last year with my mom here with us, and It will be good to get out and walk around. Definitely bringing the stroller for Joss and to carry anything extra that we don't want to carry. Maybe this year Joss will want a picture with Santa, but maybe not, and that's okay, usually its a long line anyway. We did the Zip pass again this year, so we have access to nice bathrooms and the lounge area with free cocoa, not sure if they have soy milk but won't hurt to ask. Filling up on all the holiday joy and magic, concentrating on all the positives, love, and kindness. There is a lot to complain about, but building strong happy memories, strong friendships and community is the best I can do right now, and we are lucky to have the ability to do both, in good health and spirits.

Also, our holiday/Xmas cards are all sent! People are starting to message me thanking me for the cute pic of Angelic Joss, I'm wondering if any of them have seen the secret message inside the envelope about Baby Jackson... either way, whether or not you can see him yet (just like he is now tucked away in my belly), he's in our family card this year too tucked away in our envelopes! Love you Jax! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment